Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday, July 11, 2011

A less than exciting day unless you consider going to the dentist twice as exciting!

Doctor Peredes wanted me in this morning to fit my crowns.  We caught a bus that we thought would take us there but it turned left seveal blocks before the cross street to get to his office.  So, we walked further than expected, which wasn't a good thing because Jenny's tummy still isn't up to par.  After the "appointment" we caught a bus right outside the dentist office.

We came back to the hostal; I left Jenny in the room and I went walking and shopping.  Was specifically looking for inexpensive suitcases and leather boots for Jenny; I found both (I'm such a good shopper!)  Thanks to one of the ex-pats who told me to check for luggage at some of the Chineese stores on Av. Christobal Colon between Av 6 de Diciembre y Av 10 de Agosto.  I found several sizes at a place for only around $40.00 - hey, the ones in America are made by the Chinese anyway so why not eliminate the middle man!  I was gone for a couple of hours so when I got back, Jenny felt like eating so we ate at the Tex-Mex restaurant on Victoria Ave; it was yummy!

On the way back, we stopped in a book store to look for some elementary grade language textbooks; they only had 3rd & 4th grade so we passed them up - needed 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.  Jenny did find a book on pronunciation and syllables so we got that one.

Jenny didn't like the boots I found.  Well, not exactly "didn't like", she thought the inside soles were hard.  My solution - put in insoles.  She's thinking about them.  Also showed her the suitcases but we're gonna wait until Thursday so we can go to the market in 'old town'.  I kinda doubt we'll find anything better/cheaper there but it gives us a reason to go.  I did buy a pair of sunglasses for $3.00 at the Chinese store; one of the street salesmen near Gringolandia tried to sell me an identical pair for $10.00!

Back to the dentist for what I thought was the final 'appointment'.  He did put my crowns in but wants to see me when we get back on Wednesday so he can check and put sealent on them. Dr. Peredes also wants to know about our trip to Manta; I accused him (in humor) of only wanting me back so I could report on our trip!   I can't eat anything for two hours so no trip to La Union for desert; :-( Jenny ordered a pizza from the kitchen @ our hostal and we're in for the night, watching the Argentina & Costa Rica soccer game.

Tomorrow to Manta, but first to Curves so Jenny can work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment